Job Description for Fingal Hockey Development Officer (In partnership with Fingal CoCo and Leinster Hockey)
Hockey Ireland (in partnership with Fingal CoCo and Leinster Hockey) are seeking to employ a Development Officer within the Fingal County Council catchment area . Starting in November 2021, the aim of the Fingal Hockey Development Officer (FHDO) is to grow participation of hockey in the Fingal administrative area by facilitating the promotion of sustainable participation opportunities within clubs and schools.
The objectives of the role are:
- To support clubs in the region to become stronger and more sustainable
- To facilitate training of volunteers, coaches and umpires
- To grow participation through recruitment and retention initiatives
- Growing Hockey through community and school engagement
For more information see Job Description below:
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 3rd November 2021
JOB TITLE: Fingal Hockey Development Officer, in partnership with Fingal CoCo and Leinster Hockey.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Hockey Ireland, National Development Manager
LOCATION: Hockey Ireland Office/Fingal CoCo local office
SALARY: The salary will be €15,000 per annum. This salary will be subject to all National Wage Agreements. Personnel will be supplied with all equipment required to carry out their duties. Mileage will be paid at the official Hockey Ireland rate.
PARTICULARS OF OFFICE: The post is part time (22.5 hours per week) on a contract basis on an initial 12-month contract with the view to extend. The successful applicant will be subject to a period of probation of 3 months and the scheme will be subject to a review at the end of year 1.
Holders of the post shall reside in the district in which their duties are to be performed or within a reasonable distance thereof.
Supporting existing clubs
- Delivering workshops, holding meetings and delivering Clubmark to support, educate and empower clubs to implement change and become more sustainable
- Providing advice on Child Protection requirements and funding opportunities
- Growing hockey in Fingal
- Promoting hockey in Fingal through community and school engagement
- Management and administration of participation programmes
- Running cluster programmes in Primary Schools / Secondary Schools
- Set-up of a Primary School league in the region, whilst linking with branch competition structures
- Promoting and developing the indoor and small-sided format of the game
- Promoting Hockey Skills Challenge
- Organisation of participation camps
Young Player Development
- Assist in the delivery of the LHA Academy coaching program in the Fingal area. This will involve delivering coaching sessions for teen aged players nominated by their club / school
Coach umpire and volunteer development (Leaders in Hockey Programme)
- Deliver Young Hockey Leaders Award and Young Umpire Programme
- Creating coach umpire and volunteer development opportunities, organising and promoting accredited courses where applicable
- Engagement and development of female leaders in hockey through the Women in Sport funded programmes
- Working to specific targets in relation to delivery of Hockey Ireland participation and development programmes as agreed with all funding partners
- Work closely with Fingal CC and Leinster Hockey Association and develop strong relationships with schools and clubs in the region
- Work closely with other Hockey Ireland, Leinster Hockey Association and Fingal Sports Office staff and volunteers
- Attend appropriate meetings as directed by Principal Sports Office for Fingal CC, Hockey Ireland NDM and Leinster Hockey
- Assist in applying for funding and delivering on funding requirements
- Work in partnership with other sporting bodies
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post
- Access to private transport is required as successful candidate will need to travel throughout the Fingal region. This role requires flexibility with regards to working hours, including some evening and weekend work
- At all times the Fingal Hockey Development Officer will promote Hockey Ireland and Leinster Hockey equally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required from this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required. The holder of this position is required to respond with a flexible approach when tasks arise which are not specifically covered in this job description. Please note that this role is subject to funding.
It should be noted that the role of the development officer is not to work at the performance level of the sport (with inter-provincials teams for example) and the main focus is to build participation and systems to support sustainable growth, including strengthening existing structures
For more information on the role including Personnel Specification click here