On Friday January 21st, 2022, the Irish Government made an announcement in relation to Public Health Measures. Sport Ireland have issued further guidelines for sport.
Please note that these guidelines apply to the Republic of Ireland only.
The full announcement can be accessed here: gov.ie – Government announces that most of the public health measures currently in place can be removed (www.gov.ie)
Key items in relation to sport & physical activity are as follows:
- Formal requirements for physical distancing (2m) removed.
- 8pm closing time for sporting events removed.
- Capacity restrictions for outdoor sporting events removed.
- Capacity restrictions for indoor sporting events removed.
- Seated only spectators at indoor sporting events removed.
- Use of pods for indoor sporting activities removed.
- Use of a COVID pass to access indoor events removed.
The requirement for a Covid-19 Compliance Officer (CCO) to be present at underage activity has also been removed.
As the Irish Government have reiterated the need for ongoing close monitoring of the virus, hockey branches, clubs and schools should continue to risk assess individual activities and events. This includes the continued implementation of good hygiene practices, along with recommending symptomatic individuals do not participate in or attend sporting activities.
Please note that mask wearing requirements and close contact protocols should be followed according to government advice. For more information: www.gov.ie
If you require any further information, please contact Hockey Ireland – email@example.com