Hockey Ireland Covid-19 Update – 06th May 2021
Hockey Ireland Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPDATE regarding Changes to COVID-19 Restrictions.
06 May 2021
The following changes have been made to the Hockey Ireland Covid-19 guidelines given the latest announcement on Covid-19 restrictions made by the Irish (ROI) Government.
Please see the following link for more information: gov.ie – Level 5 (www.gov.ie)
Please note: These guidelines are applicable from 10th May 2021.
- Outdoor training for adults in pods of 15 (including a coach) may resume. This includes contact training.
- Contact training for underage players may also resume in pods of 15 (including a coach).
From 07th June 2021:
- Outdoor (non-elite and club) matches and competitions may recommence.
- These should be played behind closed doors, with only essential personnel in attendance.
Please be advised that the ‘Return to Training’ guidelines continue to apply.
For Northern Ireland (NI), there following guidelines continue to apply:
From 23rd April:
The following relates to non-elite level outdoor sport:
- Outdoor sport organised by a club, individual or individuals affiliated will be extended to include squad training.
- Competitive outdoor sport can be organised by a club, individual or individuals affiliated, with numbers (including participants, officials, management and essential support personnel) not exceeding 100 and no spectators permitted.
The ‘Return to Training’ guidelines should continue to apply.