Hockey Ireland is delighted to launch a clubs funding stream for ‘Ireland Lights Up’ this year, with the support of Sport Ireland & Healthy Ireland Keep Well Campaign. We currently have 2 clubs already confirmed on the scheme; however, we would love to see more come on board.
Ireland Lights Up is an initiative of the GAA and Operation Transformation, and in 2021 we are delighted to be one of six National Governing Bodies involved. Is your club interested in getting involved? This could be a great opportunity for your club to give something back to the local community by providing a well lit walking space for local residents to come together for some outdoor activity during the dark evenings.
A maximum application amount of €1000 is available for clubs to apply to support with costs associated with opening up their facilities for walking activities.
Essential criteria for clubs applying for funding:
– Lighting at the club OR offer daylight walking time slots.
– Walking trail/route on club grounds.
– Club safeguarding statement.
– Club children’s officer in place.
– Coaches and volunteers are Garda vetted.
– Covid-19 safety statement.
– Covid Officer (s).
– Time commitment for ‘Keep Well’ minimum 1 hour twice per week.
– Kicking off initiative during the 1st week of January.
– Registration on the Get Ireland Walking website once notified of funding allocation.
To apply for the funding, please click here