Hockey Ireland is delighted to launch a clubs funding stream for ‘Keep walking Keep well’ this year, with the support of Sport Ireland & Healthy Ireland Keep Well Campaign. We currently have 3 clubs already confirmed on the scheme; however, we would love to see more come on board.
We are delighted to be one of six National Governing Bodies involved. Is your club interested in getting involved? This could be a great opportunity for your club to give something back to the local community by providing a well lit walking space for local residents to come together for some outdoor activity.
A maximum application amount of €1000 is available for clubs to apply to support with costs associated with opening up their facilities for walking activities including:
- Outdoor noticeboards
- Hand sanitiser/PPE
- Hi Vis Walking Gear
- Distance Markers/Cones
Essential criteria for clubs applying for funding:
– Lighting at the club OR offer daylight walking time slots.
– Walking trail/route on club grounds.
– Club safeguarding statement.
– Club children’s officer in place.
– Coaches and volunteers are Garda vetted.
– Covid-19 safety statement.
– Covid Officer (s).
– Time commitment for ‘Keep Well’ minimum 1 hour twice per week.
– Kicking off initiative during the last week of April for 6 weeks.
– Registration on the Get Ireland Walking website once notified of funding allocation.
To apply for the funding, please click here