Hockey Ireland acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities and government guidance, and complies with best practice.
We have lots of helpful documents, including our Hockey Ireland Code of Ethics 21.10.19 on our E-Learning Hub to help support volunteers.
There are 3 requirements for volunteers involved on a regular basis in underage hockey:
- Vetting – Garda / Access NI vetting is required every 5/3 years
- Safeguarding course – Safeguarding 1 or the Safeguarding 1 App Refresher course must be completed every 3 years.
- Details of courses in ROI can be found here
- Details of courses in Northern Ireland here
- Sports Leader Code of Conduct – must be read and signed every season. 2019 HI Template Code for Sports Leaders
Designated Liaison Person: Shirley Moore firstname.lastname@example.org