Zero Emission Vehicles Ireland (ZEVI) has now launched a new scheme providing for the free installation of 50KW DC Electric Vehicle Charging Points at sports club facilities across the island of Ireland. Detailed information on the scheme is available from https://www.pobal.ie/programmes/ZEVISchemes/. Terms and conditions apply.
The Scheme will pay for the civil and electric works as well as the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charger for local sports clubs. ZEVI will procure the contractor(s) and successful clubs will agree to enter into a licensing agreement with this contractor for the ongoing maintenance and operation of the charger(s) to be eligible for funding.
Some Key Points of Information:
- Clubs can only apply for funding via their NGB
- Interested member clubs who meet the eligibility criteria and minimum requirements must send their contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org (ROI) or email@example.com (NI) before 25th Feb 2023.
- Once a list of interested clubs has been collated, NGB’s can submit the list to Pobal via the Expression of Interest form.
- The Expression of Interest form should be submitted to Pobal no later than 5pm on 28th February 2023
- All interested parties are encouraged to fully read the Scheme Guidelines, Terms & Conditions and all other information available from Pobal.
The Department and Pobal will host an online Information Session at 10am on Thursday 9th February for clubs or NGBs who would like further information on the scheme. All interested parties are encouraged to register for this event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that places are limited but that additional sessions will be organised as necessary to meet demand.
Shared Island Sports Club EV Charging Scheme – Pobal
Overview The Shared Island Sports Club EV Charging Scheme provides funding for the cost of installing electric vehicle charge points at sports club facilities across the island of Ireland. This Sch…