Hockey Ireland would like to welcome Sarah Murtagh who will be taking on the role of Munster Development Officer.
Sarah is joining the Hockey Ireland team with over 27 years experience in hockey, playing from colts to senior level and holding many volunteering roles within her clubs over the years. A qualified coach and experienced club umpire she brings a knowledge of the issues that can be faced by clubs at all levels and is looking forward to planning and implementing programmes to support the development of clubs in Munster.
With a significant experience in applying for grants and a knowledge of what supports are available from various funding bodies Sarah will no doubt be an asset to clubs in identifying and working with to apply for Local Sport Partnership and County Council funding opportunities. With a high level of administration skills as well as clearly being a personable and strong communicator, efficient and organised we are looking forward to welcoming Sarah to the team and feel sure she will prove a very successful development officer for Munster.
Some of the areas that the Munster Development Officer role will focus on are
- Promoting Munster hockey through community and school engagement to increase club numbers at both adult and junior level
- Particular focus on growing boy’s hockey in Munster
- Establishing and developing Hockey4All in Munster
- Promoting and development hockey in third level colleges (e.g. UCC, UL, MIC, WIT, MTU)
- Management and administration of development programmes including ClubMark, Tricks4Sticks etc.
- Identifying key areas for new clubs and helping with the administration involved in setting up a club.
- Act as link between clubs and schools and identify and support clubs to develop ways to increase volunteers, coaches and umpires.
- To increase participation.
- Promoting and developing the indoor format of the game across the province in both clubs and schools
- Working in partnership with LSP/ local councils and helping clubs to identify and apply for funding opportunities
- Establish and promote Vets and social hockey and support Master’s Hockey
Sarah will be starting her new role in December and we feel sure the clubs and players in Munster will welcome her to the position.