https://hockey.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Covid-health-advice-graphic.jpeg 311 512 Ireland Hockey https://shared3.sportsmanager.ie/~irelandhockeynew/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-242x300.png Ireland Hockey2021-11-25 10:33:572021-11-25 10:33:57Sport Ireland issue guidelines for underage indoor hockey
Sport Ireland issue guidelines for underage indoor hockey
Sport Ireland has issued further guidelines for underage indoor matches and competition. Please note that these guidelines apply to the Republic of Ireland only.
Indoor Underage Hockey: Games and Competitions for Children under 18 Years Old
- The current “pod of six” system can be adjusted to allow for indoor games and competition activities for players of mixed immunity status according to the ordinary rules and limits of the sport concerned.
- The ‘pod of six’ system should be retained for all other settings such as training activities.
- The continuation of the pod system for more frequent activity will assist in minimising the overall risk and facilitate contact tracing.
Additional Hockey Ireland Guidelines:
- Clubs should limit squad sizes as much as possible.
- Parents of players should be informed of the restrictions and guidelines for competitive hockey.
- All other guidelines should be strictly adhered to as per the previous Hockey Ireland Covid-19 update on 28th October 2021 (see below).
Mitigation Measures for Inclusion in Indoor Youth Sport Protocols:
- Staggered start and finish times combined with appropriate entry, exit and traffic management protocols to minimise the unnecessary interaction of participants at any one time.
- The pre-booking of activity including the health screening of participants along with coaches & support personnel.
- Symptomatic individuals not to participate in or attend sporting activities.
- Consideration of indoor space densities when determining overall numbers.
- Reduction in the overall duration of activities.
- Ensuring that indoor spaces are well ventilated.
- Participants to arrive prepared to play; limited use of changing room or showers.
- The ongoing promotion of good respiratory & hand hygiene.
- The wearing of face coverings by coaches and support personnel.
- Additional signage, hand sanitization stations and deep cleaning implemented.
- The use of physical distancing during warm-ups, rest times and off the field of play.
- No handshakes, high fives, fist pumps, chest bumps, huddles, group celebrations, etc.
- The use of dedicated Covid-19 Officers to ensure implementation and compliance of measures