Hockey Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of field hockey in Ireland. Governing the 32 counties of Ireland, the Association is responsible for the management and overall development of all areas of the sport. Hockey Ireland’s Head Office is at the Newstead Building, UCD.
We are currently looking to recruit a Membership Administrator (6 Month Contract) to join our dynamic Membership Team in supporting our members.
For more information, please see Job Description below:
To apply please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is Wednesday 9th February.
Job Title: Membership Administrator
Responsible to: Hockey Ireland Operations Manager
Remuneration: The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position is a 6-month fixed term full time contract. The role is based in Newstead Building, UCD.
- To act as the first point of contact for all current and prospective members, taking enquiries via multiple communication channels, providing a high level of customer service, and updating the database accordingly.
- To manage the member life cycle eg new member communications, member benefit administration and renewal processes.
- To assist in the development of membership and communication material eg e-communications, new members communications, member questionnaires & letters.
- Work with other departments across the organisation to maximise engagement with membership recruitment strategy.
- To produce a regular report on membership statistics.
- To keep records and undertake research in member benefit analysis and satisfaction.
- To liaise with the Finance Department to ensure accurate and up to date recording of payments.
- Management of the Associate Member relationship with the insurance providers.
- Liaising with the Provincial Branches regarding membership including member transfers.
- Be eligible and available to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
- Excellent working knowledge of IT and software packages including MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with Membership databases.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends (at specific times during the year)
Education and Experience
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player and ability to work on their own initiative as well as in a small, dedicated team
- Presentation or workshop delivery/ facilitation skills desired but not essential
Applicants should note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change as required as appropriate.