Inter-Pro Player Development & Competitions 2021-22
** Click on this link to view the full Hockey Ireland High Performance InterPro Update 2021-22
Hockey Ireland’s High Performance Committee and Inter-Pro Working Group have outlined their updated player development programmes and competitions for the 2021-22 season.
The overall format of interprovincial competition is changing from a weekend competition to matches spread throughout the season, culminating in a final at season end. The new format will see no overnight stays for any team.
A revised Player Pathway/Hooked For Life training and development curriculum will be followed by each province.
- National coaches will be actively engaged with the provinces
- Outlining required curriculum
- Visiting training on a regular basis
- Attending competition matches
- National panel players will be training with their provincial panels as part of a move to regionalise their programmes
- Some modifications for U21Gs who have international competitions during the season and already have an extensive development squad
- Training panels in the province to include
- a competition panel: typically players born in the 2nd year of eligibility
- a development panel: typically players born in the 1st year of eligibility
The competition age groups for 2021-22 are as follows:
01-Jan mid season
|National Development Squad
Player Pathway / Hooked for Life